Re: Typographical psuedo selectors

From: Joachim Noreiko <jnoreiko@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 23:03:45 +0100 (BST)
To: www-style@w3.org
I don't know about US punctuation, but the rule in the
UK as I understand it is this: a full stop occurs
outside the bracket if the parenthesis is within a
sentence, and inside the bracket if it's w hole
sentence that is an aside:
eg:
Because of the accident I missed the meeting (which I
hadn't been looking forward to anyway).
and:
Because of the accident I missed the meeting. (I
hadn't been looking forward to it anyway.)

it's an interesting issue though. I believe that
(unlike italics) bold text doesn't influence attached
punctuation.

 --- Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>