Re: IE 6.0 cannot handle Japanese yet

From: Masayasu Ishikawa <mimasa@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 04:00:13 +0900 (JST)
To: EB2M-MRT@asahi-net.or.jp
Cc: www-style@w3.org
MURATA Makoto <EB2M-MRT@asahi-net.or.jp> wrote:

> Unfortunately, my ISP does not allow me to specify the charset paramter
> for CSS.  I will speak with them.

Well, this is a bit off-topic for this mailing list, but your ISP
is running Apache 1.3.20 and it does make use of the AddCharset
directive [1].

The AddCharset directive is orthogonal to media types, so it should
be able to add an appropriate charset parameter to any media types.
In this case, adding the suffix ".css.utf-16" should send the resource
as "Content-Type: text/css; charset=utf-16".

[1] http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_mime.html#addcharset

Regards,
--
Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org