RE: Standards Compliance and msn

From: Chris Wilson <cwilso@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 10:41:39 -0700
To: <www-style@w3.org>
Jan Roland Eriksson [mailto:jrexon@newsguy.com] wrote:
>One of the guys you named up here missed the "original dollar train"
that
>Marc and Jim once started by something like six months...

I presume you mean me.  I actually left NCSA for another company less
than a week before Marc and Jim poached the rest of the core NCSA Mosaic
dev team away; I declined to join them after that, because I was excited
by the vision of my then-employer (SPRY, Inc, who made Internet in a Box
- one of the very first easy-to-use Internet packages).  By the time I
was ready to leave SPRY, I was definitely disinterested in joining
Netscape, and the opportunities at Microsoft beckoned.

Lest anyone think I need to pitied, I've followed my heart and my
conscience throughout my career, and though it's had its ups and downs,
I have absolutely no basis for compliant.  I consider myself very lucky,
and I know I've made a personal difference.

-Chris Wilson