Re: Proposal for non-normative example section (Was: RE: How is it possible to devise such a feeble system?)

From: Dylan Schiemann <dylans@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 14:59:36 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-style@w3.org

--- Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net> wrote:

> Why is reading the column module text not sufficient
> to learn how to
> setup column based layout? I think there was only
> one feedback thread
> on the column module on this list.

I thought the small amount of feedback was in part
because the draft has a number of issues.  There were
a few threads in January that mentioned a good number
of ideas, concerns, and comments.  The current link to
the proposal on
http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/current-work is
incorrect... it is linking to a draft from 1999.  This
may be a reason for lack of recent feedback, though
the correct address is found further down the
document.
However, I think the person was referring to using css
2  ways for creating columnar layouts.  Sites such as
http://www.glish.com/css/ do a great job in explaining
how to do this.

-Dylan Schiemann
http://www.sitepen.com/