Re: CSS books

From: John Buell <dadaist@peak.org>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 17:18:18 -0500
To: "Ian Hickson" <ianh@hixie.ch>, "fantasai" <fantasai@escape.com>
Cc: <www-style@w3.org>

> fantasai wrote:
>
> >"Justin H." wrote:
> >
> >>Since this is about the most standards conscious group I know, I have a
> >>question for y'all.  I'm going to be doing some low level, but
> >>(hopefully) rather intense tutoring in web creation and standards.  I
> >>already have Danny Goodman's Javascript Bible (4th) to back me up and
> >>some HTML 4.0x books to use as references, but I don't really have
> >>anything on CSS around.  I glanced at the XML bible in passing, but
> >>wasn't sure it was what I was looking for to get *myself* up to a
> >>comfortable level of knowledge and to use for examples and to help with
> >>definitions/examples.  Anyone have any recommendations?
> >>

> >http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/ has a list of CSS books. Haven't read any
> >of them, so I can't give you a recommendation.
> >
> For CSS1 I recommend Eric Meyer's book ("Cascading Style Sheets: The
> Definitive Guide").

http://shop.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=17PJM7CIOQ&
mscssid=H2VPPC1SDDKL8PMEKE46J7JXH9F4DWKC&isbn=1565926226

> --
> Ian Hickson

Or armed with the ISBN: 1565926226 I always recommend going to
www.addall.com and using their free price comparison service. It's saved me
quite a few bucks! :)

-John