How to acheive a nav bar without tables.

From: John Snelson <john.snelson@wadh.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 10:52:38 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
I thought I had come up with the perfect way to create a nav bar to the
left of my document, by floating it, and setting the width to 10
percent, so that the rest of the page content flowed around it.

However, when I view this in netscape 4, my header for the page, in an
<h1/> tag, does not flow around the floating navbar. My content in <p/>
tags does, however.

I know netscape has a broken implementation of stylesheets, but is there
a method of doing this properly, or a workaround to allow netscape users
to at least read my nav bar?

John