Re: Scrollbar CSS representation [Re: Proposal]

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 20:53:07 +0200
To: Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples@mtu-net.ru>
CC: Manos Batsis <m.batsis@bsnet.gr>, www-style@w3.org

Vadim Plessky wrote:

> P.S. I think we should not mix DHTML (DOM) and CSS, I mean from programmer's
> (designer's) point of view.

Uh, where would that leave the CSS Object Model?

Incidentally, DHTML is a poor term because it

a) means different things depending on which vendow you speak to
b) the combination of DOM, scripting, CSS,and events plus a markup
language is broader than just HTML; itaplies to all XML as well.

> But  I doubt that any word processor in the world will allow you to do DHTML
> programming.

Word processors are not the onlydesign tools used to produce Web
content. Examples authoring applications that produce dynamic content
include Sphinx SVG, IMS Web Spinner and Jasc WebDraw - all of which
produce 'dynamic SVG' and one (IMS) produces dynamic HTML (the IE
flavor) as well.

--
Chris