Newbie questions

From: Sean LeBlanc <seanleblanc@home.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 15:18:11 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org

I was looking at and playing around with absolute and relative positioning.
I have a few questions, however:

1) Is there a way to position something based on the right edge of the
browser? It's all based on the right or top from the docs I was looking
at.
2) Differences in implementations: Mozilla vs IE 6.0. I have this in
my .css file:
#header {position: absolute; top: 40px; left: 0px; width: 100%; color:
white; background: blue}
In Mozilla, this does what I expect. That is, the left and right sides
are butted right up to the edge of browser sides. On IE, there is a few
pixels of blank space on the right side of the screen. Am I doing something
wrong, or is M$ bungling up standards again?

--
Sean LeBlanc, seanleblanc@home.com
IM-> Yahoo: seanleblancathome ICQ: 138565743 MSN: seanleblancathome AIM: sleblancathome