Relation between HTML and CSS in CSS3?

From: Tapio Markula <tapio1@gamma.nic.fi>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 03:49:21 -0500 (EST)
To: bbos@w3.org, peter@linss.com, www-style@w3.org, "Haavard K. Moen" <hkmoen@opera.com>, <dbaron@fas.harvard.edu>, sean@mysterylights.com
Hi

Forms

I have examined forms and I have certain matters different opinion. See
http://www.nic.fi/~tapio1/Teaching/Taustat.php3#Forms

Width

CSS3 offers two formulas to calculate the width property. This cause also
one problem
with the relation to the width attribute.

How CSS3-supporting browsers should behave in the following situation?

1) Because CSS doesn't define the width value, the formula of the
width-attribute is followed and the content width is 100-(2x10)= 80 pixel.
2) CSS should alter the calculation formula of the width-attribute, when
the content width is 100 pixel?

Should the CSS3 specification define this relation?
Tapio Markula, tapio.markula@nic.fi, tapio1@nic.fi
http://www.nic.fi/~tapio1/index.html (Finnish)
http://www.nic.fi/~tapio1/index_e.html (English)
I like
 __
____ Cascading
______ Style
______   Sheets

http://www.nic.fi/~tapio1/Opetus/FAQ.php3
http://www.nic.fi/~tapio1/Teaching/FAQ.php3
I have made something also with XML and XSL:

http://www.nic.fi/~tapio1/Opetus/XSL-new.php3 (XML)
http://www.nic.fi/~tapio1/Teahing/XSL-new.php3 (XML)