Re: display="none", but is copied

From: Daniel Glazman <glazman@netscape.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 17:04:45 +0100
To: Tantek Celik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>
CC: Einar Westermann <einar.westermann@trygdeetaten.no>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Tantek Celik wrote:

>CSS (1&2) does not discuss user agent usage (or not) of the clipboard.  UA
>Having said that, one might say that the "right" thing to do is probably to
>not copy text from "display:none" or "visibility:hidden" elements within the
>selection.  I don't know if any UA supports this however.
a) I am not an expert of DOM Ranges it seems to me cost-uneffective to
check both the computed
values of 'display' and 'visibility' for all selected elements before
turning a selection into a range.

b) let's suppose you are viewing an XML document containing :

and let's suppose the following CSS rule applies :  bar { display : none }

Here is the DTD fragment for foo : <!ELEMENT foo - - (bar+, tata) >

The element bar is not displayed but you can't omit it if you copy the
fragment if you don't
want to end up with an invalid fragment...