Re: first-word pseudo-element

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 01:35:59 +0200
To: fantasai <fantasai@escape.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
* fantasai wrote:
>> What does
>>
>>   elem:not(elem::first-line)::first-line { }
>>
>> select? Do typographic pseudo-classes and -elements apply to concat'ed
>> element content or to the context of the current selection?
>
>I believe you're only allowed to take a psuedo-element of the
>selected element.
>
>http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-selectors/#pseudo-elements

[...]
  Pseudo-elements may only appear once in the sequence of simple
  selectors that represents the subjects of the selector.
[...]

Why?

[...]
  Pseudo-elements names are case-insensitive.
[...]

This statement is confusing, cascading style sheets are completly
case-insensitive; only things out of the scope of CSS may be
case-sensitive. I suggest to remove this statement.