Re: A simple question...

>From: Rebecca <rebecca@vote-smart.org>
>
>... Basically, I want the page to display 2 rows: the top row will be 15%
>of the page and be divided into 2 columns: the left column will be 70% of
>the row; the bottom row will be 85% of the page and be divided
>into 2 columns: the left column will be 10% of the row, the right will > be
>the rest, and the container for the bulk of information.
>
>Sounds simple, right? ...

[mwu-> it certainly does. <-mwu]

>... but I can't seem to get all 4 elements to show up at once...

[mwu-> do you have the code that you are using now?  you should just be able
to position and size them:

#element1 {                /* row 1, col 1 */
  position: absolute;
  left:   0%; top:     0%;
  width: 70%; height: 15%;
}
#element2 {                /* row 1, col 2 */
  position: absolute;
  left:  70%; top:     0%;
  width: 30%; height: 15%;
}
#element1 {                /* row 2, col 1 */
  position: absolute;
  left:   0%; top:    15%;
  width: 10%; height: 85%;
}
#element2 {                /* row 2, col 2 */
  position: absolute;
  left:  10%; top:    15%;
  width: 90%; height: 85%;
}

i can't see why it wouldn't work.  you could also do the same with the float
property on some of the elements, but it's not necessary if you know the
exact size of everything already. <-mwu]

                                                  &#8226; mjumbewu &#8226;