SAC getParserVersion and versioning of CSS3 modules

From: Robin Berjon <robin@knowscape.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2001 06:53:36 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
Cc: bert@w3.org, plh@w3.org
Hi,

following the alpha release of CSS::SAC, Bjoern Hoehrmann kindly made many
remarks to me one of which concerns what SAC parsers should return for
getParserVersion. The existing implementations seem to return "CSSx", but
the SAC Note says that it ought to be an uri pointing to the spec
(http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSSx). A discussion on this list a few months ago
concluded that the latter was the right thing to do.

However, how this is to work for CSS3 is unclear. Having been modularized,
CSS3 no longer appears to have a single uri (or has it ?). Will SAC need to
add getSelectorParserVersion, getNamespaceParserVersion,
getRubyParserVersion, etc ? Or will a parser only be able to report level 2
conformance (using whatever uri) if it is conformant with all modules ?

-- robin b.
I think...  I think it's in my basement... Let me go upstairs and check. --
Escher