RE: several messages

From: Jeffrey Yasskin <jyasskin@appcomp.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 10:08:09 -0500
To: "'Manos Batsis'" <m.batsis@bsnet.gr>, Tim Bagot <tsb-w3-style-0003@earth.li>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

It sounds like your argument is simply that, when both are present,
transforming stylesheets should take precedence over layout stylesheets.
This doesn't resolve the issues about what happens when both a CSS and a
JSSS stylesheet are present, or when XSLT and a to-be-written transforming
stylesheet are present. Also, I believe it's the author's job to notice that
a simple layout stylesheet is useless and to not include one.
Fantasai's rules make sense and ought to be incorporated into the "next
version" of the XML Stylesheet Recommendation.

Jeffrey Yasskin