From: Eric Costello [mailto:eric@schwa.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2001 12:22 PM
To: www-style@w3.org
Subject: !important declarations in user style sheets

I understand that CSS1 specifies that !important declarations in an
author
style sheet take precedence over !important declarations in a user style
sheet, but that CSS2 reverses that to give precedence to the user:

CSS1 !important user < !important author
CSS2 !important user > !important author

Can anyone give me a quick run down on how browsers that support user
styles
sheets handle this conflict? Do they follow CSS1 or CSS2?

TIA,
Eric