RE: Tables and Netscape 4.x

From: Brian Kavanaugh <bkavanaugh@usa.net>
Date: 2 Jul 2001 13:24:38 CDT
To: ches <ches@io.com>, www-style@w3.org
Netscape 6, perhaps, but certainly not Netscape 4.x! Its support of CSS is
truly horrible, and its bugs are many and well documented. See, for example,

Homesite's CSS editor is a scaled-down version of TopStyle, which is an
excellent CSS editor. Their Web site is

ches <ches@io.com> wrote:
> No, netscape require strict perfect flawless code. If we are not able to
> code correctly following the rules to the letter it will not work in
> Netscape.
> The browser just requires perfection in your code.
> If you have homesite it has a great way of codeing css for Netscape with
> its Style editor. Try that and see if it works. At least your code will be
> cleaner and less cluttered.
> I do not promote myself as being the best coder in the southwest but my
> pages display exactly as I need them to in Netscape. That is a pretty good
> tool if you ask me. :)
> --
> Sincerely,
> Franchesca
> ches@io.com
> On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, Peter Foti (PeterF) wrote:
> Netscape blows.  I've read that if you apply styles to a table, then
> anything after the table will not be displayed correctly.  This is a bug
> (one of many) in Netscape.
> Peter Foti

Brian Kavanaugh
Lotus/Domino R5 Principal CLP, Development
Multi-Option Systems, Inc.
11920 Burt Street, Suite 100
Omaha, NE 68154-1598
(402) 431-8000 / (800) 551-MOSI