Re: Netscape 4's Parsing Problems

From: Jesse Kaufman <glandix@maple.websurf.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 14:30:35 -0500 (CDT)
To: A Braunsdorf <ab@eas.purdue.edu>
cc: www-style@w3.org
i've found that (for what i've done) netscape doesn't care about whether
or not things are in an internal or exturnal stylesheet...  it also
doesn't care, unfortunately, if there are @import rules in your
stylesheet, as it just ignores this along w/ many other things...

in my opinion the place where NS does the worst w/ stylesheets is in
tables...  i've found that sometimes the best way to format tables is by
using <span> elements w/in the table cells if you change alignment...  if
you try to do a <td class="title-align-right"> and the stylesheet defines
"title-align-right" to be right aligned when everything else is centered,
one of two things happens:

1.) The table is left-aligned no matter what you try to do
2.) Everything AFTER the table is aligned incorrectly

i've had a fair amount of experience trying to get things to look as much
the same from IE -> Netscape -> Netscape for linux -> Mozilla, so if
there's anything in specific you are trying to do that NS doesn't like, i
may be of help...

 --
Jesse Kaufman                           |       WebSurf Internet Access
Administration / Web Development        |       www.websurf.net

<<< Vim is a REAL man's text editor.  I don't know why anyone else would
    even bother with sissy programs like emacs, or even worse...  pico!  >>>