Re: Default XSL stylesheet for XHTML documents

From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 20:59:05 +0200 (W. Europe Daylight Time)
To: Ian Hickson <ianh@netscape.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
Also sprach Ian Hickson:

 > > And of course there are the practical issues like the fact that
 > > XSL-FO lets me produce a high-quality PDF and bring it to the local
 > > print shop while CSS doesn't.
 >
 > I do not understand this. Assuming CSS3 has all the capabilities of
 > XSL:FO, why would XSL:FO be any better at making PDFs than CSS?

Which again begs the question: why hasn't anyone produced a decent

   X(HT)ML + CSS -> PDF

converter?

-h&kon

Chief Technology Officer                                Opera Software
Håkon Wium Lie                     http://www.opera.com/people/howcome
howcome@opera.com                                gets you there faster