Re: parent selectors

From: Dylan Schiemann <dylans@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 11:08:18 -0800 (PST)
To: www-style@w3.org
> In the current Working Draft, this is achieved using
> the :subject
> pseudo (I know, it's a bad syntax, but the idea is
> here).
> See [1].

I'd have to agree that it is a bad syntax.  I was
thinking that using the less than sign instead of the
greater than sign would work for such a situation...

i.e. span < div {}
selects a div that contains a span
as opposed to the normal
div > span {}
which selects the span contained by a div.

This would likely require listing all selectors in
reverse order, i.e.

span * < p < div {}

instead of div:subject > p > * span

-Dylan Schiemann