Re: CSS and HTML head elements

From: Peter S. Linss <peter@linss.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 11:48:14 -0800
To: Jonny Axelsson <jonny@metastasis.net>
CC: www-style <www-style@w3.org>
The Mozilla engine can display head elements (last time I checked anyway).
But not with the CSS you've presented.

If you look at the user agent style sheet for Mozilla you'll find:
head { display: none}

so to override it, you'd have to use:
head * { display: none } /* to hide all the other head elements, othewise
they'll be inline, the default */
head, head style { display: block } /* to make the head and style elements
display */