RE: box-sizing alternative

From: Joe Hewitt <joe@joehewitt.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 14:53:24 -0500
To: "'Tantek Çelik'" <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>, <www-style@w3c.org>
> It is actually your proposal which advocates "changing the
> rules" from what
> was already documented in CSS-1 and CSS-2.

When I said "change the rules" I was refering to the action of "box-sizing",
not the change in the specification.  Don't try and defeat my arguments by
twisting around what I am saying to make me look ignorant.

And yes, I am advocating "changing the rules" of CSS because, as I have
repeatedly said, they are counter-intuitive.  There should ABSOLUTELY be a
way to specify the ENTIRE WIDTH of a box WITHOUT having to resort to an ugly
hack like "box-sizing: border-box".

Pardon the frustration in my voice.  I'm annoyed that you care more about
backwards-compatibility and not having to re-write anything than just
getting it right.