Re: Specifying height of Initial Containing Block?

Jan Roland Eriksson wrote:

> [...]
>
> >If so, how can one specify a height property for it, when according to
> >HTML4.01 neither 'height' nor 'style' are valid attributes for it?
>
> In your linked external stylesheet...
>
>   HTML { height: 100%;}
>
> ...but personally I would not bother with the HTML element, set your
> initial values for the BODY element instead, better chance of some
> support that way.

Thanks for the reply.
'Twas beginning to dawn on me that that was the way to do it.

However, M17 (probably quite rightly) doesn't accept height:100% on BODY
as sufficient, it not being the initial containing block - and while
that remains 'auto', then BODY height 100% will be auto too.

[M17 also (probably quite wrongly) doesn't accept height:100% on HTML as
sufficient - but that's another story...]

So, seems like it would be wise to use both.

--
Regards,
Val Sharp - Edinburgh