Re: Behavior, scripts, CSS

From: Matthew Brealey <webmaster@richinstyle.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 14:23:16 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
Simon St.Laurent wrote:
> At 10:34 AM 8/8/00 +0100, Matthew Brealey wrote:
> >Simon St.Laurent wrote:
> >>
> >> ActiveX controls let you format your hard drive from any script - this
> >> isn't a hazard peculiar to including scripts in CSS.
> >
> >For me, that isn't so much the point as the fact that scripts that kill
> >your PC have no place in *style* sheets, since style sheets are about
> >formatting whereas trashing PCs most definitely is not.
> Are style sheets just about 'formatting' or are they about adding
> information to documents?

No, markup is about adding information to documents. Style sheets are
for suggesting formatting for that information. All of the information
should be contained in the markup.

Please visit http://RichInStyle.com. Featuring:
MySite: customizable styles.         AlwaysWork style
Browser bug table covering all CSS2 with links to descriptions.
Lists of > 1000 browser bugs         Websafe Colorizer
CSS2, CSS1 and HTML4 tutorials.      CSS masterclass
CSS2 test suite: 5000++ tests and 300+ test pages.