RE: Inserting text with CSS

From: Jelks Cabaniss <jelks@jelks.nu>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 04:01:05 -0400
To: "Chris Wilson" <cwilso@MICROSOFT.com>, <www-style@w3.org>
Chris Wilson wrote:

>>> How important are :before and :after support to those on this list?  Is it a
>>> few isolated cases of interest or is there a broader desire for daily use?
>>
>> Tantek, I can't believe that question !!!! Does MS *really* need such a user
>> input to implement a part of the spec MS participated in ?-(

> Unless I missed something, there is still no complete (and when I say
> complete, I mean everything - aural, font synthesis, you name it)
> implementation of CSS2.  We need customer demand to help us prioritize.

Put the stuff with colons (:before, :after, :first-letter, :first-line,
:first-child) at the top of the list.  :)

/Jelks

PS.  I remember two of the IE4 developers being interviewed by Robert Hess
during those public Dev-Days (Microsoft at the movies...) when IE4 was in beta.
They told him that *all* of CSS1 would be implemented in IE4 final.  Hess asked,
"Even first-letter and first-line?"  They both responded in the affirmative
(this was around October of '97)!