RE: New Working Draft : BECSS

From: Ian Hickson <py8ieh@bath.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 10:51:53 +0100 (BST)
To: Jelks Cabaniss <jelks@jelks.nu>
cc: Chris Wilson <cwilso@microsoft.com>, www-style@w3.org
On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Jelks Cabaniss wrote:

> Could we not please keep style in CSS and move behavior to another
> mechanism? Behaviours-expressed-in-CSS-like-notation is fine, but I
> feel strongly that behaviour declarations do not belong in a CSS
> stylesheet.

Erm, well, then, don't put them in a CSS stylesheet. :-)

Because CSS are _cascading_ stylesheets, you can easily have two
files, one "style.css" and one "behaviour.becss", and have both linked
to your document, and have your server serve both as text/css, and
then you need not ever mix the style part of your CSS with the
behaviour part.

For that matter, you can separate out the color and layout parts of
your stylesheets into two different stylesheets...

--
Ian Hickson
: Is your JavaScript ready for Nav5 and IE5?