New CSS attribute: BLEND

From: Per Andersson <per.andersson@cherry.se>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 08:34:10 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-style@w3.org
Hi!

I've got a suggestion for an addition to CSS: BLEND.
It would affect the background of a table cell in that way that it
takes two or more colors and perform a color blend ranging between the
colors. It could also have a DIRECTION directive, specifying horizontal
or vertical blend.

A lot of people are using images to make this effect but in my opinion
it's a waste of bandwith, it would be great to have this in CSS instead.

Thanks,
Per Andersson
pelle@netentertainment.com
Internet developer