Re: Why no Parent Selector?

From: Matthew Brealey <thelawnet@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 07:50:26 -0800 (PST)
To: www-style <www-style@w3.org>
Cc: Daniel.Glazman@der.edf.fr
--- Daniel Glazman <Daniel.Glazman@der.edfgdf.fr>
wrote:
> I think that you'll be happy reading the
> W3C Selectors
> Working Draft [1]. It introduces the :subject
> selector. So selecting a
> P that contains a DEL is written
>
> 	P:subject > DEL
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS3-selectors

This isn't very well signposted, I missed it on
skim-reading the module twice, and probably wouldn't
have re-suggested :contains() if I'd noticed it.

More importantly, I would like to know how it is
proposed to select an element that does _not_ contain
an element, e.g., P that does not contain DEL?

=====