RE: Why no Parent Selector?

From: David Wagner <dwagner@kevric.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 14:27:48 -0600
To: "'Daniel.Glazman@der.edf.fr'" <Daniel.Glazman@der.edf.fr>
Cc: "'www-style@w3.org'" <www-style@w3.org>
Thanks for the link to the draft.  It is very interesting and happy-making.
 I had composed a detailed reply with a few examples, and my email program
crashed on attempt to send it.  In a nutshell, there seems to be nothing to
prevent using more than one :subject pseudo-class in a single selector.

	DIV.draft:subject INS:subject {}

This can be useful and help with selector brevity; it's the same as the
following.

	DIV.draft:subject INS, DIV.draft INS {}

 However, what happens when you use the following?

	DIV.big SPAN.big {font-size:200%;}

Is the font-size of SPAN.big 200% or 400% of the parent of DIV.big?