RE: Clip & shaped borders + error/ambiguity in spec

From: Benjamin Hardcastle <benjaminh@epic.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 16:41:40 -0000
To: "www-style" <www-style@w3.org>
> However, there are certain difficulties with this,
> chiefly that a rotated oval could go outside the
> clipping region, and although this is predictable, it
> is stil unsatisfactory.

Why not rotate the oval, and work out the clipping region from that?

clip: oval(Xcentre, Ycentre, height, width, deg)

height and width would be the original before rotation, and the "deg" is the
number of degrees to rotate from there. Makes sense to me, and follows the kind
of logic to be found in vector packages, where one draws an object, rotates it,
and (say, in Quark) would use that to make a clipping of an image.

Benjamin