Re: Problem with OBJECT rendering

From: B.K. DeLong <bkdelong@naw.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 16:40:18 -0500
To: <www-style@w3.org>
At 04:12 PM 3/18/99 -0500, Firespring wrote:
>I wondered if someone could tell me if there is some problem with browsers
>rendering the <OBJECT> tag in HTML 4.0? I've just started trying to use it
>in place of the IMG tag as per the examples in the HTML 4.0 spec, and no
>variation I've tried will cause the browser to display an image. The text
>that is supposed to be rendered if the image CAN'T be rendered DOES display.
>I expect I'm just doing something wrong, but I'll be darned if I can figure
>out what. Help would be appreciated.

There just isn't support for the OBJECT element. Check out your browser on
this test suite:
http://www.student.oulu.fi/%7esairwas/object-test/

IE5 still has serious problems supporting OBJECT.
--
B.K. DeLong                  360 Huntington Ave.
Director                         Suite 140CSC-305

http://www.world-webmasters.org
bkdelong@naw.org