Using valid W3C HTML 4.0/CSS to create zero spacing between frames.

From: Christopher R. Barry <cbarry@2xtreme.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 15:21:32 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-style@w3.org
I recently posted something about how to do this to newsgroups and was
told that if I wanted to validate my HTML I would have to use a custom
DTD and not stick with the W3C DTDs. If that is indeed so, then there
should be a standard way to do this in the future.

Basically, if I want to make it so that there is no border and no
spacing between frames I use:

  <frameset border="0" framespacing="0" noresize>

This is not in compliance with the HTML 4.0 Frameset DTD though and
the best I can do is:

  <frameset>
    <frame frameborder="0" noresize>

This eliminates the frame resize/border bar but there is still a 10
pixel or so gray strip between the frames while with the first way
there is not.

No part of the CSS Level 2 specification seems to address this issue
either.

Christopher