Re: Property suggestions

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 14:59:26 +0100
To: Jelks Cabaniss <jelks@jelks.nu>
CC: www-style@w3.org

Jelks Cabaniss wrote:

> > I agree the content belongs in the document and I agree that using style
> > sheets for content is just as bad as using scripts for content.
>
> So you think that CSS2's generated content is bad?

No. Obviously it is possible to use it correctly, eg to add "Figure n"
in front of figure captions, and to abuse it (eg to key off the ID on
each heading to generate the actual heading text, or similar stupid
tricks)

>  As in:
>
>         Q:before { content: open-quote; }
>         Q:after  { content: close-quote; }

Thats fine

> How else would you specify quote marks for Q's?

No other way. The HTML Q element was one of the main driving factors in
developing the CSS2 generated text facilities.

--
Chris