RE: Embedded and Inline CSS in XML

From: Jelks Cabaniss <jelks@jelks.nu>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 23:53:01 -0500
To: <www-style@w3.org>
> > Are there mechanisms planned for embedded and inline CSS in XML documents?

> Take a look at http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/WD-xml-stylesheet-19981001
> This is quite all what we have for the moment.

Hi Daniel,

Yes, I had seen that (actually, I think I saw the Note prior to that, but the
syntax was similar).  But that deals with *linked* stylesheets.  Have there been
any discussions on *embedded* -- or *inline* -- CSS-in-XML?  Are they even a
good idea?  For one, with *valid* XML documents, you would have to declare STYLE
(or ID or CLASS) attributes for everything you wanted to style in the DTD (or
DCD...).

/Jelks