Re: My #1 request for CSS3

From: Todd Fahrner <fahrner@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 19:25:26 -0700
Thus spake Leonard Rosenthol :

" At 6:51 PM -0400 10/21/98, Braden N. McDaniel wrote:
" >An alpha component for color values.
" >
" 	Why would you want this in CSS, instead of as part of SVG?  (I'm
" assuming that you want alpha for transparency, yes?)

Um, I'm not Braden, but I'd like it for transparency on any element in any
markup language whose display is either determined or influenced by
external CSS. Would that not include SVG? Could also apply to legacy image
formats, such as GIF.

Currently I've been using gimmicky "GIF transparency screens", which
mandates large type and comes in only 25%, 50%, and 75% varieties:

http://style.verso.com/demo.html (keep reloading for more gimmickry)

caution: not IE3-sanitized.
--
Todd Fahrner                    The printed page transcends space and time.
mailto:fahrner@pobox.com        The printed page, the infinitude of books,