possibly frivolous suggestion

From: Benjamin Hardcastle <benjaminh@epic.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 11:33:15 -0000
To: "w3c style" <www-style@w3.org>
You may have noticed how people tend to put fake tags in messages and on web
pages to indicate a particular emotion or style of discourse (if you haven't,
where have you *been*?). Now, such things can be indicated using the standard
typographical devices such as underline and italic etc., but I think it would be
rather fun to implement a new emphasis tag. I see this often, and I use it
myself. It is the <rant> tag. I'm sure you must agree, it would have many and
varied uses, and would spread light and joy throughout the web community.

Very frivolous, but sometimes these things can prove useful. At the moment I
just do a p.rant and assign the style as a class. A dedicated tag would be
rather handy though...

Comments?

Benjamin