RE: My #1 request for CSS3

From: Robert Stevahn <rstevahn@boi.hp.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 1998 15:59:05 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org
"Braden N. McDaniel" <braden@shadow.net> writes:
> I don't see why this would be an "either/or" situation. SVG would not be
> able to endow transparency to the things CSS could (text and background
> colors), nor would CSS be able to endow a vector graphics file format with
> transparency.

Transparency support in CSS will benefit HTML, SVG and arbitrary XML
documents. All can use CSS to express this and other non-structural
features. In other words I agree that it is "both," and that CSS is
the right place for this feature in SVG.

Regards,
--
Robert Stevahn -- mailto:rstevahn@boi.hp.com
+1 208 396 4787 -- HP LaserJet Solutions Group