RE: HSV

From: Robert Stevahn <rstevahn@boi.hp.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 1998 15:59:05 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org
"Braden N. McDaniel" <braden@shadow.net> asks:

> (Which reminds me: How about adding an hsv() functional notation
> for color in CSS3? Yes, it's just a matter of convenience. But it
> *would* be convenient, and it should be trivial to implement.)

Well, Steven Pemberton will be pleased to see this suggestion. :-)
He plead with us to add it to CSS2 but we didn't, mainly due to
backward compatibility issues and our hope that most people have
convenient color selector tools available on their platform of
choice.

Regards,

--
Robert Stevahn -- mailto:rstevahn@boi.hp.com
+1 208 396 4787 -- HP LaserJet Solutions Group