Re: Browser compatibility with implementation bugs

From: Volker Kroll <vkroll@i-m-r-k.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 12:59:30 +0200 (MEST)
To: Stephanos Piperoglou <sp249@cam.ac.uk>
cc: www-style@w3.org
On Tue, 19 May 1998, Stephanos Piperoglou wrote:

> If popular browsers followed the
> specifications instead, I would be able to do my job in a tenth of the time.

Yes, that's correct. And I haven't to teach my students first HTML4 and
CSS, and then have to tell them "OK, it's fine in theorie, but if you want
to _design_ pages which look well in Netscape 4 and IE 4 you have to use
this trick (which is not compliant with the STRICT DTD and CSS)"

It's nice to teach "Logical Markup"! Its a concept you can teach and
everyone will understand that it makes sense to markup a adress with
have the point). But then there are the big browsers ...
Real annoying!
Hope for the future of IE5 an NN5
Volker

* Volker Kroll                                                       *
* Webdesigner, Musiker, Soziologe                                    *
* mailto: vkroll@i-m-r-k.com                                         *