Re: default.css

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 13:45:07 -0400 (EDT)
To: Susan Lesch <lesch@macvirus.com>
CC: css2-editors@w3.org, www-style@w3.org, tantek@cs.stanford.edu
Susan Lesch wrote:

> Tantek Celik wrote:
>
> > MacIE4.01 addresses this problem (and many others).
>
> Yes, 4.01 was released today.
>
> Perhaps my report yesterday wasn't clear? The CSS2 Recommendation cover is
> _illegible_ in MSIE 4.0a Mac. It is mainly a _blank page_. The editors
> kindly commented out those "list-style:none" style rules in response to
> reports in March, but somehow those rules are back in the final
> Recommendation.

Susan,

Thank you for alerting us to this problem. We are investigating
a general solution to helping users deal with W3C specs that
cause browsers to crash. I'll keep you posted of our approach,
which I hope will be established quickly.

Thanks again,

 - Ian

--
Ian Jacobs / 401 Second Ave. #19G / New York, NY 10010 USA
Tel/Fax: (212) 684-1814          Email: jacobs@w3.org