Re: default.css

From: Susan Lesch <lesch@macvirus.com>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 19:16:28 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-style@w3.org, "Ian B. Jacobs" <ij@w3.org>
Ian Jacobs wrote:

> Thank you for alerting us to this problem. We are investigating
> a general solution to helping users deal with W3C specs that
> cause browsers to crash. I'll keep you posted of our approach,
> which I hope will be established quickly.

Thank you. In the few months that I have read new W3C releases, the XML
document REC-xml-19980210; the WAI document (with a minor problem in
comparision) WD-WAI-HAG-19980123; the CSS2 documents WD-css2-19980128,
PR-CSS2-19980324, and REC-CSS2-19980512 were unreadable upon release,
in whole or in part from one or more of the current mainstream
Macintosh browsers with CSS turned on. If a Java applet or other mobile
code caused that, the browser vendor would advertise a security patch;
instead we file bug reports for cosmetic display problems. I want to
thank the W3C for being so quick to respond to every report.

Susan Lesch