Re: Gradient color

From: Daniel Glazman <Daniel.Glazman@der.edfgdf.fr>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 07:22:10 +0100 (WET DST)
To: lawranc5@airmail.net (Lawrance Family Member)
Cc: www-style@w3.org

> Is there any way to specify a gradient fill (as the color) for a document
> object?
>
> For example:
>
> BODY {
> color: red, green, horizontal;
> }

Not for the moment in a single property as shown. But I agree with you
it could be very useful and remove a lot of ugly calls to a background
image. I've already proposed the CSS+FP WG chair to discuss this topic
for CSS 3.

It could use a new functional notation for colors gradient() having
your three arguments : two colors and an angle. For instance :

I am quite sure that background gradient colors can be handled by
browsers (well, even PowerPoint can do it !-) but I wonder if
foreground colors of this kind are not too complex or too dangerous
for performances to implement...

</Daniel>