Re: OPINIONS WANTED: regexps in CSS?

From: Douglas Rand <drand@sgi.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 10:04:01 -0500
To: Chris Wilson <cwilso@microsoft.com>
CC: "'Braden N. McDaniel'" <braden@shadow.net>, Ian Hickson <exxieh@bath.ac.uk>, wmperry@aventail.com, Bert Bos <Bert.Bos@sophia.inria.fr>, www-style@w3.org
Chris Wilson wrote:

> Put me in the "against" group for the near future.  It is unlikely that this
> is totally trivial to implement, and as neat as I may think it is, more
> power in the selector syntax is not near the top of the list of requests
> I've heard.

I'll add my voice as a implementor in the "against" group as well.
RE is cool,  but it will totally eliminate any sort of caching of
style objects in the implementations when RE's are involved.  It
might even make some of the hashed database lookups impossible.

Doug
--
Doug Rand				drand@sgi.com
Silicon Graphics/SSO			http://reality.sgi.com/drand