Re: pseudo element suggestion

From: Todd Fahrner <fahrner@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 23:00:18 -0800
To: roconnor@uwaterloo.ca, www-style@w3.org
Thus spake Russell Steven Shawn O'Connor:

> I think that CSS should have a pseudo element for elements that have an
> ID of the fragment identifier of the current URL.  So if I follow a link
> to a specific paragraph in a piece of text, then that paragraph can be
> highlighted.

Very interesting idea. I too have often been disappointed with the limited
means available to focus attention on fragment targets. I wonder whether
this pseudoclass, together with the new universal selector, would not also
make it possible to hide everything except the targeted fragment. Poor
man's transclusion?

Todd Fahrner
mailto:fahrner@pobox.com
http://www.verso.com/agitprop/