RE: Q: More complex page patterns?

From: Jelks Cabaniss <jelks@jelks.nu>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 15:32:59 -0400
To: <www-style@w3.org>
Håkon Lie wrote:

> We foresee people using CSS if their source documents don't need
> element reordering or other transformations before being presented
> to the user. Vice versa, XSL will be used if element reordering or
> other transformations are required/requested.

Won't the DOM also handle element reordering?  What will XSL be capable of that
the DOM applied to CSS + (HTML | XML) can't handle?

Also, I have seen James Clark's note for handling linked CSS stylesheets; is
there a proposal to date for embedded and inline CSS in XML?

/Jelks

 Jelks Cabaniss
 jelks@jelks.nu
 http://www.jelks.nu/