RE: Media Types

From: Chris Wilson <cwilso@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 10:01:37 -0800
To: "'Todd Fahrner'" <fahrner@pobox.com>, Steve Knoblock <knoblock@worldnet.att.net>, www-style@w3.org
> Todd Fahrner [SMTP:fahrner@pobox.com] asked:
>Which of the "CSS" browsers support alternate media types? Which
>will point to alternate content such as PDF when printing? Which support
>unit systems other than points for printed output?

MSIE 4.0 (Win32), on the first and last count.  Alternate print documents
fell off the schedule, but we support "print", "screen" and "all" media
types (MEDIA attribute on STYLE and LINK elements), and all units are
supported on printed output.  Pixels are scaled, roughly accordingly with
the CSS1 spec.

-Chris Wilson
 Internet Explorer Team
 cwilso@microsoft.com