Re: W3C Core Styles

From: Gayle Kidder <reddik@thegroup.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 08:35:08 -0800
To: www-style@w3.org
Ian Samson wrote:

> I went there, and looked at
> http://www.beachmedia.com/www/styles/webhints4-n.html
>
> It's all overwritten and unintelligible in Communcator 4.04, and the HTML
> 3.2 graphic at the bottom isn't there.

With a little experimenting, I've discovered that most of the problems
reside in the comp nodule (if I comment the link to that stylesheet out
in that particular example, the document is much more readable). I
believe it has to do with the positioning properties set for elements
such as EM and STRONG and certain block elements, since the inheritance
is not being properly recognized.

The graphic is irrelevant.

Gayle Kidder