Re: Communicator 4.5 crashes on w3c css test suite

From: Aymeric Poulain Maubant <Aymeric.PoulainMaubant@enst-bretagne.fr>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 12:40:44 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org

Remember that one ?

Aymeric.PoulainMaubant@enst-bretagne.fr said:
> Context : communicator 4.5, english version, on solaris2.6 . First ran
> on 5.6 Generic_105181-04 sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-4 *but
> displayed* on a SGI IRIX 6.3 (through a local network). This "run here
> but display elsewhere" may be significant for this case.
[...]
> o Accessing web pages with text/css *linked* to it causes a crash
>   (with no core dumped, as netscape has now this wonderful trackback
>   feature)

Nobody sent me a solution... but I found one yesterday, by chance.

My .mime-types and .mailcap happened to contain the following lines
(respectively) :

#mime types added by Netscape Helper
text/css css \ \
exts="css"
type=text/css  \
#--Netscape Communications Corporation MIME Information
#Do not delete the above line. It is used to identify the file type.
#
desc="CSS Text"  \

#mailcap entry added by Netscape Helper
text/css;;\
	x-mozilla-flags=prompt
#mailcap entry added by Netscape Helper
*;;\
	x-mozilla-flags=prompt
#mailcap entry added by Netscape Helper
desc="CSS;;\
	x-mozilla-flags=deleted
#mailcap entry added by Netscape Helper
type=text/css;;\
	x-mozilla-flags=deleted

I just removed them, and all is working fine now. I can read web pages
with CSS linked to them without crashing N4.5 .
Strange enough : I noticed these entries in the preferences widgets of
N4.5, one month ago, and removed them at this level, but it seems it
did not work.

If this may help s.o.

	Aymeric