Re: Style sheet and Netscape

From: David Perrell <davidp@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 09:24:41 -0700
To: <www-style@w3.org>, <www-html@w3.org>

Joel Jancovic wrote:

>I define the style before the body section :

><!--
>body { color: blue }
>//-->
>And in the body section I define the text (for compatibility with Netscape
>3) :

>netscape 4,X displays the text in gray. and IE in blue.. Which navigator is
>right ?

I believe IE ignores FONT when the same property has been defined in a
stylesheet, which is _optional_ UA behavior.

To be safe, style FONT, e.g.:

  <!--
  body, font { color: blue }
  //-->

CSS declarations trump HTML declarations. If Navigator 4.x still displays
the text in gray then Navigator is wrong.

David Perrell