RE: style sheet in frameset

On Thu, 30 Apr 1998, Steve Knoblock wrote:

> There was a general discussion of inheritance into OBJECTs and the result
> seems to have been that either styles should not inherit or that it should
> be optional. This does not include inheritance from the default style
> sheet, which IMHO is necessary for coherency.

This is *exactly* why we still need to change HTML to let the author
specify SYSTEM entities.  Problems exactly like this are gfoing to crop up
with Javascripting and other forms of DOM.

An included HTML object doesn't not become part of the including
document's grove.  Predending it does causes lots of problems.  What if
they are different versions of HTML?  ID are no longer unque in a
document. etc.

See <URL:http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/future/papers/roconnor.html> and the
www-html archives for March 1998 for more of my comments.

    <URL:http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/%7Eroconnor/>
``And truth irreversibly destroys the meaning of its own message''
-- Anindita Dutta, ``The Paradox of Truth, the Truth of Entropy''