First CSS-Positioning draft?

From: Grzegorz Staniak <gstaniak@golem.umcs.lublin.pl>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 12:41:50 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
Hello,

Sorry if this is off-topic, but this list seemed to me the best forum
to ask the question: could somebody tell me when was the first draft
of CSS-Positioning released, and who was it authored by? On the W3C
site I found the latest version and a link to an earlier one, but
from what I remember, the ideas expressed there have been around for
some time, and the original draft was submitted to W3C quite a while
ago. Is my impression correct, or am I experiencing memory
malfunctions? I'd be very grateful if somebody could remove my
doubts.

Thanks,

--
Grzegorz Staniak